New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to buy actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
ok where can a person buy the actions to make a custom rifle and what actions you prefer
i'm currently waiting for my first action i ordered with mrc
mrc has the action section of the company currently is for sale as owner only wants to build barrels
so what are the other options we have as far as building new customs?

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
you can buy cz550, dakota 76 and remington 700 actions at brownells.

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nothing says "Custom" like a genuine Mauser or P64 Model 70...except a buffalo/elephant rifle on an Enfield/M30-series.

regards,

Rich
NRA Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
for what purpose? off the top of my head and in no particular order: hall, bat, stiller, borden , neisaka, surgeon, kelby's, i'm sure there are more but i can't think of them now.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best deal I've seen lately is at Numrich. They have new Mauser long box actions with release floorplate and beautiful swept bolt handle + satin blue with double set triggers for $299 + shipping. These are Zastava actions imported by KBI. Add up the action, bolt, triggers and floorplate and see what you come up with! Regards, Rick.

John Deer tractors and Sako rifles....just doesn't get much better.

Posts: 51 | Location: NC Missouri | Registered: 31 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You don't need to buy a bare action. Few makers sell them. Just buy a used gun with the action you like. A used Ruger or Remington is often half of the price of a new one and you can sell the old barrel and stock for a little on Ebay. I tear apart pre-64 Win 70's all the time. Never mint guns, those are too valuable to collectors. I think Pre-64 model 70's are the best bargan in actions. One third the cost of a Dakota. My preference is Remington 30-S.

Posts: 192 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
one of my situations is i'm lefthanded shooter and prefer to make lh gun rather then use the donor in rh thanx for help

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
mrc has the action section of the company currently is for sale as owner only wants to build barrels

Is this true? MRC is only going to sell barrels in the future and no longer manufacture actions?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yes that is what john told me over @ mrc the action part of business is for sale as the owner wants to retire and only make barrels.
they are still taking orders for actions but you don't pay until ready to be shipped

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sakorick:
The best deal I've seen lately is at Numrich. They have new Mauser long box actions with release floorplate and beautiful swept bolt handle + satin blue with double set triggers for $299 + shipping. These are Zastava actions imported by KBI. Add up the action, bolt, triggers and floorplate and see what you come up with! Regards, Rick.

these are dalys, which means pushbutton (kbi=daly) floorplates and slide safeties.

the DEAL we all missed was the legacy mauser

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39680 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of chovanl
posted Hide Post
Now I don't feel bad about buying one from legacy. I have been leaning towards the 7x64 with it. or ???

Posts: 35 | Location: Rocksprings, Texas | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Does anybody have any left handed Mauser actions they'd be willing to put TBEAR and I onto?
I saw a commercial action available on Gunbroker, but I procrastinated and it was gone.

Posts: 9474 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote