Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 6mm-222 Rem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

I read something about a 6mm Fadala, on an old Gun&Ammo annual issue.
I gave that magazine to good-for-nothing good, and he never gave back to me
The article was enthusiastic, but it taste like a promo.... However interesting.

Sam was a strong proponent of the round when I lived in Tucson circa 1970. I built one on a Vixen action and found the cartridge was ideal for calling coyotes and saving pelts. Today's bullet selection only expands the potential of the cartridge, although rounds like the 6mmBR may accomplish the same thing.

Mine had a Lyman PermaCenter 3X and eventually I shot the barrel out after a decade of hard use. That rifle accounted for scores of coyotes, a few bobcats and one nice Coues buck. It was effective enough that I have thought about building another one. Negligible recoil, low noise level and effective killing ability are hallmarks of this round.

Posts: 64 | Location: AZ, Maricopa, Phoenix | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Steve and George - you both have mail

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys . I have that Sam Fadala article here , part of the reason why I am doing this project , plus the Aussie Myra calibre as well . I have a full packet of the Myra ammo in front of me now , but my version will be rimmed to suit the Martini cadet action . Appreciate the input .

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
PM 4 you

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting a 6x45 (223 case, necked up to 6mm)for many years and I love it..I have shot a world of varmints like P dogs, rock chucks, coyotes and rabbits with the 60 gr. Sierra HP and a number of deer and antelope with the old 75 gr. Barnes X monolithic hollow point...

Its a great gun, and I see no reason the 222 necked up to 6MM wouldn't be as good...close enough for Government work at any rate....

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim, you are correct, and my memory is failing. Damn. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote