Find
Notify
Tools

376 styer as parent case
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted
I've been looking at the 376 styer case lately as a possibility for other bullet diameters and possible shoulder angle changes/ improvepment.
Does any one know of any currently desingned wildcats that use this case, 7mm thru 338.
Timan

Posts: 1213 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I've got the .416 Aagaard which uses an improved Steyr case. I think a switch barrel rifle using a 7mm-Steyr / .376 Steyr / .416 Aagaard would be about all a fellow needed for most of the world.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Timan,

I have also seen a .300 wildcat on the .376 Steyr case. I don't know if it had a cute name or not.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick R:
I've got the .416 Aagaard which uses an improved Steyr case.

Rick, tell us more about the .416 Aagaard! I assume Z-Hat made your rifle for you? [Never mind; I saw your other thread about it. I'm intrigued by it as well, and it sounds like a winner.]

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Slingster,

If i remember correctly, you already have a .376. all you need is .416 bullets, dies, and a barrel...

Big Grin

Rick

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Timan,

The factory people thought of the .376 Steyr cartridge case as useable for a series of cartridges, remember the Mannlicher cartridges from the early 1900s?

The thought the .416" bore was about tops for a larger bore size, but I don't think they did much work on the potential smaller cartridges. I think an 8 mm would work well.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote