Find
Notify
Tools

Software for Wildcatting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ted68
posted
Any suggestions on a good cart design program for wildcatting? Something that will draw the exterior of the new cart for reamer manufacture and has an archive of parent carts?

Ted

Posts: 131 | Location: Islamorada, Florida USA | Registered: 05 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaarrgghhhh! Say it isn't so.

Wildcatting by computer? Roll Eyes

I must REALLY be getting old.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
QuickDesign is what you are looking for. With this program you can design any case you want. The program has a library of all of the existing cartridges, both standard and metric. It is easy to take an existing case and then modify it to your desired dimensions.
Combined with its sister program, QuickLoad you can then work-up projected loads for the new case. I have used these two programs for years in developing wild cats.
Neco is the sole distributor for the software, and their link is:
http://www.neconos.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RCBS has a good cartridge design program that is part of one of their ballistic program discs. I designed a wildcat cartridge for myself a few years ago. I talked to Clymer Reamer and sent my print to them off this program and they produced the chamber reamer for it. I had "CH4D" make my form dies and my reloading dies from the same print. I called my cartridge "416LJT" which is my forum handle. The RCBS program shows you everything you need as you go. You can change the design parameters at any time and everything updates as you proceed. It shows case capacity , angles. dimensions , everything you need. I also built my own rifle based on the Czechoslovakian(Spelling ?) VZ24. A Mauser 98 copy .
My cartridge has the power of a 416 Rigby in an overall cartridge length that is the same as a 30/06. It shoots 400 grain bullet at 2400 fps and Barnes 350 grain " X bullet" at 2630 fps.

EVERYTHING I SAY TO YOU IS A LIE , AND THAT'S THE TRUTH

Posts: 27 | Location: KENT COUNTY , MICHIGAN | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote