Find
Notify
Tools

Rings to adjust for 20 MOA mount.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I recently finished my 6.5x284 using a left handed Montana Rifle Co action and a 26" Krieger (1:8.5 twist) barrel. I put a Farrel 20 MOA scopemount on it and it shoots 15" high at 100 yards with the scope adjusted all the way down. I can't change to a 10 MOA mount because the rig is left handed.

What are the adjustable rings?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Burris Signature rings use plastic inserts. They also sell inserts with different offsets. This would allow you
to change the angle of the scope without binding the scope tube. The inserts are rounded and the inside of the rings are rounded allowing the scope to sit at an angle in the rings without binding. This eliminates the need
for ring lapping.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of hoeram
posted Hide Post
I have used these burris ring inserts and they work great. I have them installed in 2 rifles right now.

Hoeram Big Grin

NRA Benefactor Member
USAF Ret.

Posts: 166 | Location: Fruitland , WA. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
You may have a scope with not enough adjustment for a 20moa cant base.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote