Find
Notify
Tools

300/375 Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted
Anyone playing with necking down the 375 Ruger case to a 30 caliber yet? Seems like it would be a 300 win mag without a belt.

And that might be a good thing.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
woods,
thats a big case.. and that combo would be closer to beltess 300 weatherby

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
You making one yet jeffe?

A beltless 300 Wtby would not be a bad thing if you had custom dies made at the same time. Just neck down a 375 Ruger case.

Could you make one by rechambering a 300 win mag or would you have to set the barrel back?

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
should be able to rechamber a 300 win .. hmm, i got a 300 win on a 1903 high number ..

what i would do it run it at 300win vels, and lower pressure

what i think would ROCK would be a 338/375 ruger .. 340 webby in a standard length OR 338 winmag lower pressure

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
hmm, laying over between them, it would be dicey to not do a setback .. it MIGHT, but then again, might not, clean up the shoulder .. the ruger would be wider at the shoulder, so it MIGHT.. it really MIGHT, but it could also have a bump??

its about the same size as a HH improved, or roughly the same capacity as a webby case ..

i wonder.. if you took that bigger case, necked to .338, and run at 45k-50k psi, rather than 63,500, and if it wouldn't kick LESS

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
You're right, that would rock, but I already have a 338RUM, so that wouldn't float my boat as much as a beltless 300 that would push a 200 gr Accubond with ease at 3000 fps and without a muzzle brake.

I have a 300 win mag Mato that has a Lothar Walthar barrel that shoots good but I am thinking if it is just a rechamber then that would be fairly inexpensive.

What would you recommend for dies? Lee would make a collet neck sizer and Redding would make a body die.................Hmmmm