New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 WSM project back on track
 Login/Join

posted
Hey All,
My project is back on. I finally received my barrel from Shilen. It is a beautiful piece of work to my exact specs(24' 1:8 twist CM Blued turned to factory sporter size). It will be fitted to my Stevens 200 as soon as possible. The bluing in great and craftsmanship top notch. I did run into a little problem. I ordered a CRF bolt head from Midway. Installation was a brezze but then I realized that my rifle is a push feed with the ejector integral to the bolt head where as the CRF bolthead utilizes the standing ejector that is integral to the receiver on WSM rifles. This obviously presents a problem. They do not make a PF bolthead for the WSM head size. So I called Fred at Sharpshooter Supply and he will widen out a Magnum PF bolthead form me for a mear $68.00. Problem solved. Thanks to all the 6.5 WSM shooters that responded to my request for experiences and load data, they will be helpful finding the sweetspot on this rig.

Posts: 3 | Location: Florida | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear things are coming along! My 6.5wsm is coming along too, I got my barrel, a PacNor 28" straight taper ss super match 5grv 1 in 8"
still waiting for my stockade stock. Put the barrel on a action from a Savage 110 300rum so i can use the CRF bolt, magazine and load the long 140's where they need to be.

I want to use Retumbo or H869 and 140 smk, any load data would be appreciated

Posts: 207 | Location: South Central Montana | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
To 6.5WSMfan,
My 26" barrel does extremely well. Why did you go to a 24 ft barrel? Just kidding.
beer

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote