THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    is this to be expected when fire forming ?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

is this to be expected when fire forming ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just fire formed 6 brass for my 280ack imp. !st time.
When i brought the rifle and brass home, the case mouths were opend wide enough to put a 140 grain nosler Balistic tip all the way through it and back again with nearly no restance.
I was wondering if thisis to be expected, I ran the into the size die and they seem fine now, and I guess this could just be part of the process resulting from reforming the shoulder.
Any body able to edjucate a 1st timer here ?
...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
A fireformed case is just like firing a std. load. The case expands to fill the chamber, this usually means a bullet slips into the mouth w/ little trouble unless the chamber has a minimum or tight neck.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
If the neck of a fired case is still tight on a bullet,either the brass neck is too thick or the chamber neck is cut tight.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote