New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm/06 AI data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for load data for 6/06 AI, or at least a starting point. Winchester model 70 action, 22" barrel.

Thanks

Bobby

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Posts: 92 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: 22 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sort of like putting a big-block chevy in your cj!

Posts: 415 | Location: no-central wisconsin | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you use regular 6/06 data as a starting point you should be OK. Even 6-284 low end data should get you in the ball park.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheechako:
If you use regular 6/06 data as a starting point you should be OK. Even 6-284 low end data should get you in the ball park.

Ray

Thanks

I can find some for 6/06 but nothing for the AI.

Bobby

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
When I began loading for mine I started with 240 Weatherby Data and went up from there. I settled on RL-25 with 100 grain Sierra soft points. It put the smack down on several deer the first year I used it. Bang flop on 5 of the 6 deer I shot. The other went about 30 yards and piled up. Pretty cool round. Not sure if I would want a 22” barrel….will be very noisy!

Have fun

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
When I began loading for mine I started with 240 Weatherby Data and went up from there. I settled on RL-25 with 100 grain Sierra soft points. It put the smack down on several deer the first year I used it. Bang flop on 5 of the 6 deer I shot. The other went about 30 yards and piled up. Pretty cool round. Not sure if I would want a 22” barrel….will be very noisy!

Have fun

Thanks, I'll look at 240 Weatherby data. Any idea on your velocity with the 100 gr's? I want to push some light pills over 4k if it's do-able.

Bobby

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
How light a bullet over 4000? Your capacity will be close to a 240Hawk which is about 4gr more than the 240Wby. He lists some loads above 4000 on z-hat.com. A 22" barrel sure will not help your goal.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm hearing that 65 and 70's will go 4200+ with 62 grs. of reloader 19 or 64 gns. of reloader 22. This was with a 26" Pac-Nor barrel.

i've seen um all the way down to 55 gr. Big Grin

Bobby

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm hearing that 65 and 70's will go 4200+ with 62 grs. of reloader 19 or 64 gns. of reloader 22. This was with a 26" Pac-Nor barrel.

Well years ago I built my own 240PDK it is a gibbs plus 3grs. I never reached 4000 with a 70gr bullet then again I never tried RL22 that I remember. My feeling is you will have a large fireball from a 22" maybe not. Anyway here are a couple threads discussing the 6-06AI

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=631103517#631103517

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=457102296#457102296

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote