Find
Notify
Tools

I'm bored !!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
Well, its Sunday afternoon here, its been raining for three days so I can't work in the yard.

Time to make a new Martini case......the idea I had was...to be able to use .312/ 303B barrels...use 30-30 cases...bigger than a Herrett but shorter than a 30-30 to aid feeding.

The body length is basically the same as a 25-35 ( right ) with the body taper of a 30-30 and the neck and shoulder of the 303B ( left ). Overall case length is 1.75", the shoulder diameter of the 303B is only a couple of thou smaller than the 30-30. I went with the 303 neck and shoulder because I picked up a 303B reamer for $30 and I only really need to grind the body down to 30-30 dia. and taper.

The dummy ( the case, not me ) round was made up using a shortened 30-30 case necked in a 30 Herrett die and then opened up to .312 in a 303B die, all of which I had. The projectile is a 150gr pulled from a split neck 303.

This is the way I do things as I have too much imagination and not enough money ( actually no money Big Grin )

...........7.65x45R, so, what do you think ?

Roger

Posts: 1035 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
beerroger wave Nice project! Enjoy.

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote