Find
Notify
Tools

9.3/375 Dakota
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted
Well i FINALLY got to test some loads today in my 9.3 Dakota. With a 250gr Northfork bullet and 92.5gr of RL19 i got 3080fps and a 3/4" group. I'll try playing with the OAL and see if it'll tighten up but if not it will work. Elk beware [Wink]

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depending how far out you were shooting, thats good enough.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do us a favor and back order some of the 286 grainers. Get those puppies moving at about 2700 and let us know how they shoot.
THEN those elk won't laugh at you. [Big Grin]

Seriously, mighty fine round you have.
Should clobber 'em out to 4k if you can do it.

How long are the shots out there in MT?
(May be relocating to one of its "big" cities.)

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
I test everything at 100 yards. Then after i settle on one i shoot it at longer ranges.

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Bwana-be, shots can be point blank out to... well farther than i care to shoot at elk. I do feel confident out to 400-450 yards, under the right conditions, but no further.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bwana-be, Ol Bull would probably say Hel na he's not moving to the big city and have all them cityslickers tell him what and how to shoot [Big Grin]

The northfork bullets are good. I've been talking to Don over at GROVE about some custom 9.3mm bullets, they should be pretty good. I gave him the stuff I wanted (to be used in a 366 D.G.W.) hopefully,they will come in weighting around 315 grains and have a B.C. somewhere around .500-.550. It will be a long bullet so don't know how long you could seat them out.

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Well i did some experimenting today with my 9.3 Dakota. I shot a group today that measures .610 outside to outside [Big Grin] Thats ".244" after you subtract the .366 diameter [Big Grin] If you haven't tryed Mike Bradys Northfork Bullets i think you should!!! [Smile] I just got my new Swarovski 3x10 mounted and was sighting it in. I've never had a rifle/scope/load combination that would move as PRECISLY as this one! Thank you Dennis Erhardt for a great rifle,Swarovski for a great scope and Northfork for a great bullet [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Elk Beware [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy cow.
Thanks for the update.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote