Tools

African 12,04 Wildcats Info needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Happy New Year Gent´s.

Looking for Informations about an African Wildcat named 12,04 "LILMUFU"
or "BIBAMUFU".
All Info that i got is that "a US Tooling-Company has Reamers listed" and "Huntington is able to deliver dies"..... No Idea what cases used, who made it....

Mayby there´s some help out there
Thanx a lot

2RECON

Posts: 140 | Location: GERMANY | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not much more info here but at least a picture
http://www.ammo-one.com/LazzeroniLILMUFI.html

Posts: 167 | Location: michigan | Registered: 06 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
made by lazzeroni. IIRC craig boddington helped design the BIBAMUFU = big bad mother f-er lol

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a Lazzeroni cartridge alright which he makes from his 416 brass. In emails with John he will sell the 416 but not the 12.04 unless you have a rifle from him that is chambered for the cartridge. I have a 475 of my own design. A Wby Mk V and a Kreiger barrel. I turned the belt off Wby brass to start with then bought 80 rounds of Lazzeroni brass. It is .100 shorter than Wby but that is not important. I like it better than Wby brass as it seems harder or tougher and is more uniform from case to case. I use Reloader 15. 100 grs behind a 500 gr bullet is a good starting place. I get 2625 fps with out any problems. I designed my own reamer and J & G ground it for me and made my dies out of 460 Wby's. The 475 A & M is the same thing but has the belt. The info for the 475 A & M is not accurate in the 'Cartridges of the World' by Frank C. Barnes. There is no way you can safely reach the info published there. DON'T TRY!!! DON'T TRY!!!

Posts: 406 | Location: The Rust Belt | Registered: 08 February 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steven R Gierke:
The 475 A & M is the same thing but has the belt. The info for the 475 A & M is not accurate in the 'Cartridges of the World' by Frank C. Barnes. There is no way you can safely reach the info published there. DON'T TRY!!! DON'T TRY!!!

this is very very very true ... any cartridge WILDCAT with data before cheap chronies is suspect.

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Steven
the weatherby cases are all norma brass ... pretty good stuff, but pretty hard ... contact qualcart and see if you can get some hornady rigby basic ... you'll probably find it to be the best brass you've ever worked, and its not rebatted.

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote