Find
Notify
Tools

41 GNR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
Anyone know anything about a 41 GNR cartridge? I haven't attempted to research online just yet, thought I would see what you guys had to see before I started surfing the net. I inherited this thing from my father after he passed. It's a model 57 with a color case hardening trigger and hammer.

Anyone have any idea on what this thing would run? Not going to sell, just curious to know what he might have paid for it....?

Posts: 602 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
nothing of note on ammoguide

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary Reeder is the maker of custom guns and several wildcat cartridges. Google Gary Reeder or go to Reedercustomguns. I have one of his conversions of the Ruger 357 Maximum revolvers. Very high quality and very accurate. He has loading data for his cartridges available.

Posts: 251 | Location: Newport, WA | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree; Gary Reeder does some very fine revolvers.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Some info is of course at Gary's Website:

https://reedercustomguns.com/i...n/gnr_cartridges.htm

The oldest of our custom cartridges is our 41 GNR - the 2nd cartridge from the left. (the two on the right are the 410 GNR - see below) This one developed back in 1979 and released it in 1980. It is a 44 Magnum necked down to 41. This one put a 170 gr. Sierra JHP out of an 8 inch barrel at 2100 fps. Everything up to elk and caribou have been taken with this one. In the last two years I have taken a 1900 pound Bison with one shot with the 41 GNR in an 8” barreled G-2, and more recently a 2000 pound Water Buffalo also with one shot with the 41 GNR in the same G-2. Any 41 Mag revolver can be rechambered to the 41 GNR.

Jiri

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote