THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    How do I figure out the value of this rifle??

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I figure out the value of this rifle??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
Mods, feel free to move this...couldn't seem to find a home for this question.
I've got an SSK rebarelled S&W 1500 in 375/284 Win with a synth hogue stock and a machined-in brake. It also has the SSKrome finish, matching dies, brass, etc.
I would like to maybe sell it, but have no idea what I would ask for it...no clue because its a wildcat and a custom. Any advice would be great!!

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sadly, for such a neat cartridge it would have less appeal in a boltgun than a Savage 99. Five to six hundred dollars maybe..? Is it a short or long action?

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
That would be a short action. It was originally a 243 Win. Quite a step up!

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
didn't quite double the ME did it?

This is a very neat niche rifle. It would be ideal for anyone who shoots 200yds or less at deer/elk/black bear. Easterners mostly, that would appreciate the Hammer Blow over the flat trajectory of a smaller caliber magnum.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
unless someone wants the 375/284, the action and stock are worth about 300 bucks. remember, its a howa 1500, or colt 1500, or sw, or even a mossberg, or webby... not the greatest action to unload, sorry

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38565 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Basically you have 3 choices.
#1) dump it cheap. Hurts, but if you want full value, nothing like the well know, Rem or Win in .243 or .30/'06 or .270...

#2). If you wish to do the work and find a buyer, informed and this is a very good brush gun, like the .35 Whelan, not quite a .358 Norma Mag and with the .375 Ruger...; This would mean advertising in Shotgun News, Gun List, gun Broker.com, etc. Is it worth it? Only you can answer for you.

#3). split the difference. You sell the gun for parts. The Action is worth. The stock is worth. The barrel is worth. You take this kind of reasoning to gun smiths (who pay wholesale) or the wannabe custom rifle assemblers and again, you have to find them... work? worth it? You have to answer. luck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
let me know if you do decide to sell it, and what sort of yankee dollars you would need.

Rich
DRSS

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
Idaho, check your PM's

Charles Bronson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it is a tempting offer, but by time I get my 577BME done and a STAR sizer-luber so I can lube those half-inch-plus slugs, I got a bad case of broke!

Rich
DRSS

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
Haha! I know the feeling. This is to fund another project for me!!! Good luck with your cannon.

Charles Bronson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, so I will have to ask- How much?

www.duanesguns.com

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote