New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can We Ban savage99?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Freedom of speech say's we can't. Damn!!!!

Mike AKA soundman

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I will not ban anyone from this forum. Members are free to make fools out of themselves if they choose.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Saeed and Paul H:

I wouldn't suggest banning anyone, but it sure would be nice to have an improved filtering system.

It would be perfect if we had a button called "Hide all future posts by this fool" -- just a click and you never see them again!

Of course, they could start a new ID, but one idiotic post, and POOF! they are gone too!

Also, since many users have fixed IP addresses, a "Hide all future posts from this user or IP address" would work even better.

I really don't want to ban anyone, but this solution would let all post, but allow the rest of us to more efficiently ignore them (and would cut down on the flame wars too!).

(I mean this as a general post, I don't recall any posts by Savage99)

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I can imagine the laughes you might get if you see our log!

The number of people who log in with several IDs - some going as far as actually ANSWERING a post they have just put up themselves!

What you might take into consideration is one simple fact.

There are people on these forums who surely know what they are talking about. Those are the ones we tend to listen to.

There are a whole lot of pretenders - who know less about the subject at hand than my six months old daughter - who will brag about all sorts of things they have done.

They are quite easy to spot. So just ignore them.

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
The number of people who log in with several IDs - some going as far as actually ANSWERING a post they have just put up themselves!

Thats sad really, makes you asked your self why. I can't see the point of bragging about things you have no experience in. I'm no expert on firearms, I know enough to get by but since visiting this site I have increased my knowledge 10 fold, all you have to do is listen.

Saeed I've have received your calender, fantastic!! You've just fed the "I've got to go to Africa" fire [Big Grin]

Bakes

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What has savage99 been up to. I thought his only problem was he could not load for belted cases [Big Grin]

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

You are very welcome my friend.

Once you get to Africa, you will be planning for a return trip.

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
Part of what I like about this forum is hearing from those who are not experts - I have learned much from the mistakes of others. I am also free to ignore anything I read here.

I was once told:

"Listen more often than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say"

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Howitzer>
posted
Saeed,
Maybe you should just link the number of posts of the people with multiple identities. That way they would receive credit for the total number of posts that they make, seems only fair! [Smile] . That's as long as the number of posts will go over 10,000. I sometimes wonder if somebody is getting close to the 10,000 post mark if you add up all their identities. Maybe a special prize for the first to make it. They probably have all your cd's already. A CD holder perhaps. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

You'se said a mouthful boyh. Buuuttt ttthen everybodyy would know who i AM!

Just thought I would beat the BBBBabbler/?????/?????? to posting.