New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lurker getting feet wet, .25/204 Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been watching this site for awhile and there seems to be a lot of well informed poeple here. I hope someone can help with this.

I have a nice little Savage short action .223 Rem. that I use for coyote hunting. I would like to have a barrel made for it to use to hunt deer. I have found two chamberrings that seem ideal, the .257 Kimber and a .25x222 AI Rem. Mag. Both of them will match the .250 Savage factory loading (old 87gr and 100gr) which has been a great deer cartridge. I thought that since the 204 Ruger is already a impoved 222 Rem Mag it would save alot of case forming to just neck it up to .25 cal.

In searching barrel maker and die makers I can not find such a wildcat chamberring, Could I have a barrel chamberred with a 204 Ruger reamer and the neck and throat cut with a .25 neck and throat reamer? If so, anyone know a smith that might tackle the job. When my 30-06 was reboared to 35 Whelen the smith(no longer in with us)just cut the neck and throat, Shoots great.

As far as suggesting other calibers I already have a 6x45mm, 250 SAV., 270 Win., 35 Rem, and 35 Whelen.

Thanks
375win.

After the first shot the rest are just noise

Posts: 66 | Location: Wetside, WA | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I make a wildcat for a 223 based action that is only a bbl change 160 gr bullet at over 2200 with a 16 in bbl if you use the nut to hold the bbl in your savage you could use guages to swap back and forth.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote