Find
Notify
Tools

411 KDF or 41/ 338 win ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted
Does any one have one of these.. Does any one have a reamer ???

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Try Phil at KDF I know he has one. 830-379-8141. He had a K-15 Titan in there not long ago I think 3 4 months ago.

505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
You can get 416 Taylor barrels at Midway for under $100. Lee also made a run of dies that were about $25.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
...505ED thanks for the phone # I have been looking all over and could not find any recient info on them.....Lar 45 , I,ve had a couple Taylors but have hitched my 416 wagon to the Remington Magnum...Gave away my last 416 Taylor....I got very used to its capabilities and am sure the 411 KDF will do like wise... ..A 300 gr X bullet @ 2700 fps and a 400 gr solid @ 2300 ...But with it I can blast away to my hearts content with 41 mag pistol bullets..... With an 18 " barrel , integral quarter rib scope and express sight base and under barrel recoil lug, integral sling hook eye and front sight base ,,with a# 3 or 4 contour barrel and installed on a stainless Ruger with a kevlar stock it should make a perfact ramblin around rifle..... With a 2-7 illuminated reticle Burris pistol scope and a 2 lb trigger ....it ought to be close to perfact for genral Alaskan hunting ..The goal is less than 8 lbs scoped and loaded..It should be less than a meter long and when sighted in @ 200 yrds be 24 " low @ 400 yrds... and have 4000 ft lbs @ 100 yrds...I may only get 2650 fps w/300 mono metal and may need to go to a boat tail design like the Lost River or GS Custom HV or talk to Lutz Moeller ......

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Sounds like too much fun.
My son has been wanting me to center drill some cast bullets on the lathe and load in the 470NE to go find Jack Rabbits.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the 411. I love short barrel guns also. My 500 Jeffery that will be done some time next year will wear a 20in tube.

505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
,,,,I called and talked to Phil....It is a work in progress...I,ll have to at the very least send it to him for a muzzel brake...I,ll get it with a collar,,,..