Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Drawing Modified Case Dimensions
 Login/Join

posted
I’m building a custom Ruger Mini 30 and chambering it in a wildcat I made.

It’s based on 220 Russian case necked up to .308. It is similar to 7.62x39 but chamber neck, throat, leade & freebore are optimized for accuracy and to have SR primers.

I’m using Lapua 220 Russian cases necked up to .308, the shoulder is pushed back & neck is longer.
But the rest of dimensions are same as 220 Russian case.

Wondering if anyone has case design program that would make case drawing with the modified dimensions?

Have chamber reamers designed for 6-220 Russian & 6.5-220 Russian cartridges also.
Ray Gross at Manson helped design the chambers and my 30-220 Russian reamer will be here 4/3.

Using Kreiger SS 5R .308 1:12 .750 dia & 18” barrel.

Reason for the cartridges is to have 6mm, 6.5mm cartridges that will feed flawlessly from Ruger Mini 30 mags.

There are a number of good cartridges based on the .445x1.5” case, like 6.5 Grendel, 22/6 ARC, PPC, 30 Major etc but the case body walls are too straight and won’t feed in Mini 30.

Case capacity is about 2gr less in these cartridges vs the others.

Can form any of the three case from 220 Russian, 6.5 Grendel, 22/6mm ARC by necking up/down, turning neck walls .012 & FL sizing, no shortening cases or fire forming.

Redding is figuring price for sets of dies for the three cartridges.

Anyone be able to modify the case drawing for me?

Cheers, Allen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no reason why the reamer manufacturer will not send you a copy of the reamer print. They should have done that anyway so that you could approve it before they grind it. Just send the reamer prints to the die manufacturer of your choice. They will know what to do with it.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 359 | Location: Florissant, Colorado  | Registered: 29 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks steve505! I didn't see this till just now.

posted Hide Post
I use to be here on AR fairly regularly, then forgot password and don't have the email address I used when registered years ago.

So had to reregister, my user name was abosely.

Anyway I have the chamber reamer drawing. Ray Gross at Manson did the detail specs of the chamber for me.

Rifle is finished and ready to fire form few cases to send to Neil Jones to make set of custom Dies.

Trying to figure out how to post the reamer drawing here.