Find
Notify
Tools

.358 X404 IMP & DATA POWDER 86
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
cheers There are some recent postings on large capacity 35 caliber cartridges. Today I had my .358X404 Imp. out testing data 86.

It's a mod.98, Military trigger (7 lbs.), single shot with and AB barrel.The bullet in all loadings was a 250 gr. FP. Wlrm primer, Reformed Norma cases,AOL=3.750"which almost touched the rifling. [Priorly 92 gr. of Accurate 4350 driving the same bullet at 3154 fps. was deemed as far as I wanted to go (MAX).]

NON of these loads was compressed. Close but not quite.

• 92gr data 86- Mild, EZ Xtraction, 2791 to 2800 fps. 1", 5 shot group at 50 yds.
  • 93gr. data 86- mild, 2826 to 2843 fps.SAME
  • 94.5gr. data 86, 2881 to 2914 fps. mild SAME
  • 95.5gr. data 86, 2911 to 2929 fps. mild same.

None of these loads appeared to be max. The loads and the rifle combination were better than the capability of the shooter who devloped a flinch and dreaded the last five shots.As a younger person I never would have made that statement.

Some time in the future I will press this powder and cartridge to its Max. and re-post.

Bwana if you haven't already, get some of this powder before it disappears. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..
  •  
    Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    Sorry, which powder? Confused

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Bwana-be:
    Sorry, which powder? Confused

Data 86 beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote