New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Carbon barrels ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Many thanks, Kingfisher. I'm beginning to get a picture of the cost involved with these compared to, say, a good grade s.s., fluted barrel. I think I'll just shift a gear and go back to a search for a conventional one.

Thanks, again.

Dungbeetle

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You can get a carbon fiber-wrapped barrel from Accuracy Barrel Systems for $600, which is quite a bit less than the Christensen Arms product.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother has a Browning A-Bolt with a Christensen Carbon Fiber barrel on it. Seems to be a pretty slick rifle. Did some work on it for him recently and I liked it alot. You get the large diameter barrel without all of the extra weight. His rifle is plenty light for a 300 Win Mag, even with the Swarovski scope on top. I haven't shot it, but he said it shoots really well. It should, considering what they charge for them, plus the fact that they use Shilen liners. Anyway, I know this isn't much feedback but it's something. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Tom

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote