Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New guy here!
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys I just want to introduce myself and say hello. I joined this forum because I am a beginner reloader led into this hobby by my 280 Ackley Improved. I look forward to learning as much as possible about both reloading and the 280 AI among other calibers that I own. Any advice or good load data to start with? I plan on loading the 280 AI for deer, hogs, etc probably the 120 and 140 grain NBT to start with.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Welcome. For deer and hogs I would stay with the 140. I would go with the 140 accubond over the NBT. Good heavy dose of RL22

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board. You'll get all you ask for and then some here! Wink Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Everywhere I go and everyone I ask always tells me to use RL-22! That is reason enough to start there. What primers do you guys like? Any pet loads to try? Any good literature other than Nosler #4 and #5? I was told not to load from Ackely's book. People say his loads really push the boundaries on safety.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ramblin Rogue:
What primers do you guys like?

Primers and loads can be a finnicky thing, if going for absolute accuracy. CCI or Federal are usually good go to primers.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote