Find
Notify
Tools

JTS Airacuda
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
I have been using a Gamo Urban 22 for a few years and it is very accurate. I am decided to add to the stable and ordered a JTS Airacuda Standard. Thought about the Airacuda Max with regulator and thumbhole stock but went with the Standard (no regulator) and regular stock. Anyone here have any experience with either of these?

Steve..........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Steve, yes, I have had an Airacuda Standard for several months. It is an incredibly well-made and well-designed rifle for the money. Mine is in .25. It is accurate, with a nice trigger, smooth loading stroke and metal magazines. Travis at JTS in Katy, TX, deserves a lot of credit for ramrodding this design.
The one thing I did not like was the homely stock finishing job, with sandpaper marks under the yesterday-coffee finish, so I stripped it with Citristrip, stained with Minwax pecan and hand-rubbed in five or six coats of Tru-oil. I wish I had picked a darker stain, but I thought it was an improvement nonetheless.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Just got mine in yesterday and this thing can shoot. Best shots from my bench at 50 yds go easily under half inch with my old faithful H&N Barracuda Hunter Extreme 18.5 grain pellets. I see what you mean about the stock finish. The metal finish is great though.
Your stock turned out looking very good. I need to work on mine after all the house remodeling gets done. I need to play with the 'knob' on the side of the action and see how it affects each shot

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Steve, your experience matches mine. Very nice rifles at the price point.
I am plugging along with a remodel as well ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote