THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    RWS 5G-P5 MAGNUM for pest control?

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RWS 5G-P5 MAGNUM for pest control?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone shot one of these or seen knowledgeable review(s). The Air Arms rifle has turned out to be excellent at varmint control around the place, so I want to add a pistol. Anything else out there I should look at, I don't need a one holer just MOR (moment of rat)?

Posts: 206 | Location: Tucson, AZ, USA | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's like an old BSA Scorpion but not as good.
I'd try to find a used BSA in good condition.

Or just get an HW 45 it is sold as a Beeman P1 in the US.
Buy some nice grips for it and add a little weight in the space in the frame under the grips for better balance.

http://www.beeman.com/p1.htm

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Diana 5's are strong for spring pistol but a bit hard to shoot accurate as any strong springer is. Why not try a Crosman 2240? Lots of fun and easy to customize.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's nothing like a good spring powered air pistol for just great fun out plinking or pest hunting (we'd never do that over here of course as there is a ban on hunting with an air pistol)

The single stroke pneumatics are seriously accurate as are precharged pistols, but they just don't have the magic and the nostalgia of a nice springer.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote