Find
Notify
Tools

Good ole Benjamin Pump
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted
I've got the gun I was given by my dad at the age of 7 or 8. It needs a bit of refurbishing and I've even found a diagram and parts list for her, or for the model 327? which I think she is. Anyway, it is a .177 cal and has taken many, many birds. I've always shot plain ole pellets and can say with certainty that this gun is pushing it's limit, even with 10 pumps, when killing a pigeon. Any one else concur with that, or do ya'll think the new parts and some hi tech pellets would be a true game changer for my ole girl?

I'd like to be able to take out varmints like rabbits in the garden, the occasional crat, sofa and have no problems with crippled pigeons. If this gun won't do that, fine, I'll get newer more powerful one. I'd just like to get the old girl up to speed for my son, if possible.

Any suggestions on possible places to find parts for old benjamins, or suggestions on decent reasonably priced newer pellet rifles would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Bryan & Associates Tell# 864 261-6810 for old pellet gun parts. They had the parts and tool to tune up my Benjamin "Franklin" Mdl 312 pump 22 that was made some time between 1935 and 45. They also will tune up old pellet guns. My two great grand sons will get my fine shooting gun.

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Thank you daniel77 for starting this and thank you bracer for the info. I have a 312, all brass, that my dad bought me at a garage sale over 35 years ago. I had it reworked about 20 years ago and it still is deadly. I appreciate knowing who to call if it ever needs something.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I had kinda forgotten about this thread, and didn't notice Bracer's reply. Frowner Sorry about not thanking you sooner Bracer. I'll give them a call.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Daniel, I too am needing work done on my Ben. Did you have any work done? If so by whom and was it acceptable?

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
some bits ..

http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/beshrepa.html

And Mac 1 Airguns ..
http://www.mac1airgun.com/steriodags.html

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Aliveincc, I must admit that I've done nothing else in the way of working on mine. Sorry. Thanks for the sites that ya'll have posted though. Maybe during my slow time this winter, I'll finally get around to fixing her up.
I've also been working on a pigeon coup and keeping pigeons for training my young English Setter, so my focus has changed from trying to kill pigeons to trying to trap them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called both places today. Bryan & asso was out at an airgun show. Macairguns told me they can do the work. I'll chose next week.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
daniel77--when building that pigeon coup don't put more than 2 doors otherwise it will be a sedan.

Posts: 3807 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
It'll have two small doors for my access for feeding/watering/etc. and one large door in the wire frame aviary for releasing them. I'm calling it a hatchback. hilbily

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
daniel77 -
Please post some pics of your Setter working the birds when it comes time.

I'm trying to convince the wife we need an English Setter when our sweet, old, but gun-shy lab passes on .

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote