New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exploding squirrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My son sent me an u tube article about a guy who discovered that a # 11 percussion cap fits exactly on a 177 pellet, He also said that if you are using the hollow points, then you have a little room for a pinch of BP. You can imagine the results. Said it was great for disturbing the neighbors in the suburbs.

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Lets have some video of that.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He didn't send me any video, only a couple of pics showing the fit of the cap to pellet + a pic of a steel plate that was hit by it. As an overgrown boy-child, who had always had an interest in destructive devices, this concept really caught my eye. I don't even own a 177, but I'm tempted to buy one just to try this out! Big Grin

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've got one, as well as some No. 11 caps and some .177 pellets. I've have to take a look at this. Big Grin Since the air rifle that I have uses compressed air to push the pellet, how does it work with a cap that requires a strike? Am I missing something?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We had some rats in our garden.

One particular rat was very active inside one of cheetah places.

I started putting food fir him in the afternoon which he always ate.

One day I put his food, and got a 22-243 wildcat I built for my brother.

I cannot remember the velocity but it was well over 4000 fps.

The rat came.

I shot him.

The bullet left a hole about 8 inches in diameter, and about 2 inches deep where he was.

Only part I could find was a tiny piece of skin about a quarter inch in size, stuck to a bush nearby!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I've got one, as well as some No. 11 caps and some .177 pellets. I've have to take a look at this. Big Grin Since the air rifle that I have uses compressed air to push the pellet, how does it work with a cap that requires a strike? Am I missing something?

I imagine the cap fits over the front of the 177 pellet and is driven down the barrel to the target whereupon the cap is ignited by the inertia impact of the pellet when the target is hit?

Posts: 3858 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
For those wanting to explode squirrels;

https://www.marlinowners.com/t...ding-pellets.126294/

Posts: 3858 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I filled pellet with cotton wool and soaked it with nitroglycerine. Then fired backward. Results were amazing. I was doing this on daily bases when I was 12 or so.

Organic peroxides work well too, but not so potent.

Jiri

Posts: 2076 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote