Find
Notify
Tools

It's here...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
the Condor has landed!!
I was out shooting the Peshauer Pool Tournament (another bad habit) and then hit the Big Smoke VII
in town. Get home about eleven and the Pyramyd Air box is here.

I've got a Nikko-Sterling 6-24X Nighteater scope for it. Anybody shooting one?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the tank charged and started chronographing a little while zeroing the scope at 20yds...as far as I can shoot in the house...down the hall. Almost everything in the RWS sampler is over 1200fps.

Jeez!!!! what a big boy toy! I just shot two crickets off the wife's garden shed front porch at about 25 yds with the laser sight that came with it. We get the seven year locusts in late summer, about half an inch in diameter and about an inch and a half long. I think this thing will hit them at 50 yards. Wow!!!

The Nikko-Sterling 6-24X Nighteater model has parallax adjustment on the left side, and a 60cm paddle wheel that is calibrated to the scope distance read on the knob. Wow! I can go on bug safari in the back yard now, and keep the birds out of the garden and orchard and the poop off the wife's car and my cummins.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Idaho, just looked at your air rifle post-up then collected information on that rifle....God must have made me buy that used SCUBA tank yesterday & now this. Have Beeman and RWS to sell, including Kodiak but want to go PCP....how do you like the rifle so far?

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he enjoys it a bunch Wink
Wish I had the money for a PCP, I loved my springer before it broke.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are having a blast. Keep us posted as you shoot it more.

There have been a number of "shoots" down our hallways over the years. (Old encyclopedias make a great backstop!)

Earlier this year, I picked up a Contender barrel that I just had to try. It was a bit much for the hallway... Big Grin...so I had to improvise.

It was already 9:30 p.m. and dark by the time I got a scope on it, so I drove the truck near the 100 yard berm and put the headlights on the targets.

My wife says I am worse than a kid at Christmas every time I get a new toy...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9340 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote