New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hy-Score 808 Rebuild
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was scrounging around in one of my storage cabinets and found an air rifle that I had when I was maybe 10 years old. That’s 64 years ago. I had loaned it to an aunt who had a pecan orchard many many years ago and when she returned it I put it up because of its condition. The rear sight was broken off, the trigger guard was missing, several screws were replaced with standard machine screws, and the stock had been chewed on by some animal. Plus it was coated in surface rust.

On a whim I decided to see if I could locate the parts to restore it. This is a Hy-Score 808 break barrel springer that shoots .177 pellets or BB’s. It was an Americanized version of a Diana 15. Parts were very hard to find. After several months, I found a parts gun on eBay, which was not complete, but it did have most everything I needed.

Long story short… here is my Hy-Score 808 restored.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Did you write a note to self to not loan your aunt anymore guns? How could with any kind of reasonable care that kind of damage be done?

Posts: 3807 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Looks good. Did you write a note to self to not loan your aunt anymore guns? How could with any kind of reasonable care that kind of damage be done?

My thoughts exactly, at maybe 30 years ago. I must admit she did have a terror of a stepson back then. She told me later that she had to hide the rifle in the feed shed to keep him from getting it. Other than that, she was my favorite aunt. She passed on several years later.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful job showing your childhood companion such devotion to bring it back to its former glory. Bravo!

I need to do the same with my 3 Benjamin Sheridan .20s!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That's pretty darned cool, Mike. What a great project.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16404 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote