New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Sheridans
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've got 3 old Sheridans. One looks like the body and barrel are brass. There are no buttplates on any. Can these be befurbished and is there any collector value to these oldies? Thanks

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the Sheridans and Benjamins were all brass they were either plated nickle or chemically blackened. They can be rebuilt if someone has parts -the Crossman co. bought them out and sells them under the old names- but they won't sell parts for the older guns ,only the ones made under their ownership. They have made a lot of changes to the valves and triggers. Yes they are collectable the early Sheridan models Super A & B will bring over $1000.in good shape - the C models bring $100/200 as shooters the early ones -$200/400.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheridan was bought by Benjamin. Then Crosman bought that merger. When Crosman bought them out, they sent known owners of Benjamin Mod 342 a letter that there was an uncorrectable problem with that model. The problem was the gun could go off if dropped. So they made an offer you could send them your old gun and buy their new for a price which wasn't much different than what you could buy it for and keep your gun. I guess for liability reasons they quit selling parts, even for Sheridans, but other places had parts. I don't know if they now sell Sheridan rebuild kits. The three Sheridans I have had were just marked Blue Streak or Silver Streak ---no model letter or number. They have a rocker type safety. I think the model before those had a hold down type safety. These guns did not come drilled and tapped for a peep sight. Getting them drilled and tapped was pretty cheap and I find them to be very accurate with the peep sight. With just 4 pumps I am unable to see the pellet when you shoot it. The new current models are drilled and I'm told that even at 8 pumps you can still see the pellet-----not shot the newer ones, so I don't know. The Sheridans were all 5mm (.20 cal) and to me that cal is the best of both between the .177 and .22's. So I think if you have 3--if they need repair they are worth it and whether they have much sell value or not, they are great shooters. Another option is there is a place in Calif that will put them on steroids---higher velocity and stronger pump up system. I don't see the need--if it aint broke dont fix it.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote