THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    Poll - Buy Pellets Local or Mail Order

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll - Buy Pellets Local or Mail Order
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just getting semi-seriously into Air Rifles and have been buying the Pellets locally at Wal-Mart or Dick's Sporting Goods. But, I did an on-line search and found some apparently good deals(maybe).

Amazon has some kind of deal going that if you buy $25 of Pellets the Shipping is FREE. However, there are a couple of got-yas. The Amazon price is a bit higher than some of the other Pellet vendors as shown in the comparison list. And the other vendors Shipping is shown for a "single" can of Pellets which nearly doubles the price. Perhaps they amortize the Shipping cost as the number of cans increase on a single order.

I've also noticed Pyramid Air "gives" Big Grin you the 4th can of Pellets FREE, which is obviously the least expensive one you order. Have not checked out their Shipping Cost though.

If you would like to let us all know who your best Pellet Supplier is, I know I'd appreciate it and probably everyone else. tu2

Question:
Do you buy Pellets Locally or On-Line?

Choices:
1. Locally.
2. On-Line.
3. Both Locally and On-Line.
4. Other.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good ol Wal Mart carries .177's and .22's but not 5mm(.20 cal) so I buy the .20's for my Sheridan at a local sporting store. I contacted Wal Mart customer service in Ark and was given lip service--first answer they could refer me to a store that carried them. I responded that was lip service and not customer service and Ol Sam Walton would not be proud of them. I was then told they dont carry that size because they don't carry that size rifle??? You sell tires and batteries--but not cars--you sell bras and toilet paper but not boobs and butts??? I got no further response.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up some .25 cal pellets from Straight Shooters. They seemed to have the best price including the shipping.

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For plinking pellets I'll get 20 tins of cheap ones mail order.
But for Hunting or Targets you need to check every tin, so I get a couple of tins at a time from the Gun shop.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote