THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    Break in period for a pellet gun.

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Break in period for a pellet gun.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a RWS 34 .177 pellet gun. The salesman told me the breakin period was about 250 shots. Does this sound right? I have another question. How often should the bore be clesned? Thanks, Jeff

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clean the bore well when new and don't worry about it unless you develop accuracy problems. Don't use firearm solvents,bad for seals. Use household type degreasers Simple Green, 409, Goo Gone, ect to get the factory gunk out of the bore.

Break in, yea a few hundred is good, The more you shoot it the better it will get up to a point.

Cant go wrong with a M-34, have fun

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. It seems to be a good shooter. I mounted the scope and 4 shots later it was in the bull at 25 yards.

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote