THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    The Gopher slayer monster arrived !

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Gopher slayer monster arrived !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
RWS 460 Magnum 22 with 3-9 Hawke illuminated (why ?) AO in Hawke mounts.

Sight in tomorrow and start putting bodies down all those holes in my pasture.

It actually weighs more than my 700 Custom shop 300 H&H wearing a 6.5-20x50 Conquest. Not a kids' rifle for sure !

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Good luck and have fun.

I guess one good by product of having coyotes on our place is that they eat most rodents, stray cats and small dogs, snakes, etc.
They also serenade us most evenings and sometimes mornings. Roll Eyes

There even seems to be fewer skunks and coons since a mama song dog set up housekeeping nearby.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7x7royal:
RWS 460 Magnum 22 with 3-9 Hawke illuminated (why ?) AO in Hawke mounts.

Sight in tomorrow and start putting bodies down all those holes in my pasture.

It actually weighs more than my 700 Custom shop 300 H&H wearing a 6.5-20x50 Conquest. Not a kids' rifle for sure !

learn to use the "artillery" hold on a magnum springer like this or you will find accuracy/groupings erratic at best. also if you are shooting very early/late the IR will be handy. make sure the mounts are tight or this springer will beat your scope to death. Hawkes are a highly regarded air gun product but a 460 will tax the limits of endurance....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at one for a long time. Post some pics of your rifle and targets.
Is it a beast to cock and load?

I bought a Beeman R-9 in .177 years ago but still have not taken it squil hunting or put a scope on it.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Swede if you do scope your rifle, take a look at the Leupold compact 3x-9x with EFR (extended focus range) it will focus down to air rifle range. The regular Leupolds without EFR are not suitable. They are pricey but in my books well worth it and much cheaper in the long run.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How does the rifle shoot?

Posts: 73 | Location: SW Pa | Registered: 14 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one of these today, the RWS 460 mag in ,22 cal.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got mine and installed a Leupold 3-9X EER. Shoots very accurate but I have not really broke it in yet or tried a variety of pellets.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote