Find
Notify
Tools

help with sheridan please
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hi guys
i have a sheridan silverstreak,sreial no ending 70,my question is what williams peepsight fits this model has anybody got the correct parts no??i have looked on the williams website and cant find the correct one? sheridan mod-c -benjamin?
any help much appreciated!!!!!! no pms please as my own computer is down and wont let me log in to ar!!!!
thanks in advance
regards scirroco

Posts: 77 | Location: europe | Registered: 19 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
scirroco----The sight you want is the Williams 5DSH. If your silverstreak is an older model it will not be drilled and tapped. Many people see the cover on the left side of the receiver and think that's it---it is not. The plate on the left is for bolt removal and the drill/tap for peep is on the right hand side. There are several apertures available for the sight and I forget which size comes standard.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi carpetman
my silverstreak has the drilled and tapped holes on the right hand side,do i still go with the 5DSH? P.S WHICH APERTURE WOULD YOU RECCOMEND?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
REGARDS SCIRROCO

one of us
posted Hide Post
Scirroco---Yes,you would still use the Williams 5DSH. I cant locate my Williams catalog,but I do think there is a more expensive model that has knob adjustments. For me,that would not be any advantage as it's not like I'm changing pellet weights and needing to be readjusting my sights. Pretty much a matter of sight it in and tighten the screws down and leave it there forever. The sight comes standard with 3/8X.093 aperture. They also make .125, .50 and .150. They also make them in twilight which has brass around the hole. Until a few years ago when my eyes aged some more, I liked the smallest aperture the best but now I use the standard. You can also take the aperture out and use it as a ghost ring when lighting is poor. When you get it let me know how you like it,I'm betting you do.
I do have a question for you. My Streaks are all the older type that I had to have drilled and tapped. At 4 pumps and above I cannot see the pellet.(4 pumps is pretty much my standard--I mostly shoot sparrows). I have not shot the newer ones,but one guy online said with his,he could see the pellet even at 8 strokes. Do you see the pellet at 4 pumps or above?

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi carpetman
i have never looked to see if i can see the pellets,but when night shooting rabbits with a spotlight and my 22 with subsonic ammo you can see the bullet sometimes
you most probably have a better chance to see in your bright sunlight than ours in the uk !!!!!!!!but will try tomorrow for you
thanks for your help
regards scirroco

one of us
posted Hide Post
scirroco---I too have shot many rabbits at night. For this shooting I use a .22 centerfire--.222 and 22-250 mostly. I also use bullets that I cast out of wheel weights. They go much slower than what is typical with jacketed bullets---about 2000---2200fps. This is for varmint control. Mostly jackrabbits. They have parasites and disease and not many people eat them. They propagate rapidly and need controlling.