New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Will a Leupold scope hold up on a Beeman R1 ?

Thanks

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think a Leupold will hold up fine. I have two RWS's a 48 5mm and a 52 in .177. I tried regular Weaver type mounts and shook the guts out of a couple of scopes. Finally got the picture and got the correct C type mount for them and now use a Weaver and a Tasco and no problems with either.
Have fun with your R1
Bruce

Posts: 514 | Location: now in Lower Slower Delaware | Registered: 21 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which Leupold? . Reverse recoil is what kills scopes. Springers recoil forward, most scopes are made for rearward recoil. Airgun rated scopes are built to take vibration and the foward pounding. Mounts, airgun rings have a stop pin to keep the ring from slipping in the groves under recoil.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The regular line of Leupold scopes will hold up---but they wont focus at air gun ranges--more like 50 yard focus. Get the Leupold compact 3x-9x with EFR---extended range focus and it will focus down to 10 meters---very good scope and it evben says airgun on it.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote