Find
Notify
Tools

Bore Tech's Eliminator & Wipeout
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted
I tested both products and have came to the conclusion, both are outstanding products. The Wipeout foam was used and another rifle application used with the accelerator & wipeout used on a neglected rife bore. Wipeout cleaned both rifles to a spotless bore and removed all traces of copper. My Ruger 243 (1969 era model) with about 3000 rounds through it came out squeaky clean after two applications. After the first application I saw no evidence of copper fouling but the patches came out with some black on the patches. This was evidence of carbon fouling and has plagued me on several rifles many times. After the 2nd application with WO and three patches later, no black carbon residue was evidenced on the patches.The other rifle only required one application. Previously, I have used several well known slovents and copper removers (Sweets, Shooter's Choice, Hoppes #9, etc) but could never remove all the copper fouling. Wipeout is a great product and used as directed it performed as promised. The only complaint I have is actually injecting the foram, seems I would squirt too much or too little. I finally thought " oh well" and insured I admininstered enough until the foam ran from the breech and bore.

Bore Tech's Eliminator was used on two separate rifles. I swabbed with 3-4 wet patches and let soak for 15 minutes and pushed patches with a jag. After 4-5 patches, no evidence of any copper fouling what-so-ever. My previous experience with other chemicals would be after 20-30 patches and still getting a black color on patches. Not-so with Wipe out and Eliminator, 3-4 patches and patches remained white.
Final thoughts, both Wipeout and Bore Tech's Eliminator are great products. Which is the best? I can not decide as both cleaned carbon and copper fouling with ease and left my bores in new condition. I am happy to have both and no longer dread having to come home after a hunt or day at the range and clean rifle bores to my satisfaction. I feel fortunate that finally products are available that can clean my firearm bores to a new condition without a lot of brush and patch work!

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report! Thank You.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Saw the Bore Tech product in Sinclair's latest mailing -- glad your curiousity was faster than mine. I'll get some (once I use up the Outer's foam from W-M).

BNagel

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't really mirrow my experience with Bore Tech's Eliminator as a copper remover. It did a good job but I've found that nothing gets rid of copper quickly like Montana Extreme Big 50.
The only bad thing is it's so powerful you really shouldn't use it even in a open garage. I use it only at the range.

Wipe-Out with the Accelerator does a similar job over-night but doesn't act quickly enough at the range. Two make a great combination.

Let me repeat that --- In my experience
Eliminator does do a very good job but the Montana Extreme 50 does a great job faster.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Montana Extreme Big 50.

Where do you get Montana Extreme Big 50?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Bill is talking about Montana X-Treme 50 BMG. Sinclair's has it as do others I'm sure.

Link to Sinclair - Sinclair Montana X-Treme

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote