New
Find
Notify
Tools

WipeOut - No Ammonia, No Odor my Foot!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just broke out a new can of Wipe Out this weekend to clean my .300 Win Mag. This is the fourth can I have had. The first three were just as advertised...no odor, no apparent ammonia.

Not so with this can. I squirt it in the muzzle and holy smokes that smells like Ammonia, so not believing my nose I bend down and take a wiff of the foam coming out of the barrel and my nose and eyes light up like a christmas tree. If that is not ammonia, then the stuff my mom cleaned the floors, walls and bathrooms wasn't ammonia either...it just said it on the jug.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's my second can; still no particular ammonia smell.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of desmobob900ss
posted Hide Post
I just bought my first can of it last month. Mine has a smell that's quite attractive, really.... Razzer

It doesn't smell like ammonia, though.

Good shooting,
desmobob

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
6th can, no ammonia smell

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
300winnie,

Wipeout ing:
Propane
Butane
Isobulane
Altodamine
Methylpymoldone

Pardon the spelling but the MDS sheet is a bit faded.

regards
griff
www.wipeout.org.uk

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks griff.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
300 Winnie, I guess everyone's nose is different, but I have felt like all the wipeout I've had, 8 or 9 cans, had a smell of light ammonia. I believe that they don't put it in there, but it does smell like it to me.....

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Bought a can today. Smells like ammonia to me... not as strong as sweets, but its definitely there.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote