The Accurate Reloading Forums
WipeOut - No Ammonia, No Odor my Foot!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/645100744/m/866106276

15 May 2007, 01:19
300winnie
WipeOut - No Ammonia, No Odor my Foot!
Just broke out a new can of Wipe Out this weekend to clean my .300 Win Mag. This is the fourth can I have had. The first three were just as advertised...no odor, no apparent ammonia.

Not so with this can. I squirt it in the muzzle and holy smokes that smells like Ammonia, so not believing my nose I bend down and take a wiff of the foam coming out of the barrel and my nose and eyes light up like a christmas tree. If that is not ammonia, then the stuff my mom cleaned the floors, walls and bathrooms wasn't ammonia either...it just said it on the jug.

Anyone else experiencing this?
15 May 2007, 01:44
wildboar
It's my second can; still no particular ammonia smell.
23 May 2007, 07:01
desmobob900ss
I just bought my first can of it last month. Mine has a smell that's quite attractive, really.... Razzer

It doesn't smell like ammonia, though.

Good shooting,
desmobob
23 May 2007, 09:28
woods
6th can, no ammonia smell

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

23 May 2007, 12:34
griff
300winnie,

Wipeout ing:
Propane
Butane
Isobulane
Altodamine
Methylpymoldone

Pardon the spelling but the MDS sheet is a bit faded.

regards
griff
www.wipeout.org.uk
23 May 2007, 21:47
300winnie
Thanks griff.
30 May 2007, 07:58
Fish30114
300 Winnie, I guess everyone's nose is different, but I have felt like all the wipeout I've had, 8 or 9 cans, had a smell of light ammonia. I believe that they don't put it in there, but it does smell like it to me.....
03 June 2007, 09:38
brianbo
Bought a can today. Smells like ammonia to me... not as strong as sweets, but its definitely there.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member