New
Find
Notify
Tools

KG-12 or Wipe-Out?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Would like a copper fouling remover that's fast/effective, until now I've used Forrest bore foam but it's not the fastest remover i guess because it will not remove the fouling over 12 hr process, the foam still come out blue on the following process.

I've been looking at the KG-12 but we're not able/allowed to buy that inside EU yet (according to kgindustries.eu), but how is KG-12 and Wipe-Out compared to each other?

Thanks Bjarne

Posts: 185 | Location: Randers - Denmark | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
You should be pretty close with Accelerator and WipeOut

Posted this before:

quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
Used Sweets and for "fouled" bores JB paste for years.

Then tried almost everything else.

Now, for a Quick clean , its Accelerator and Wipe-Out.

"Deep" clean : KG-12 and ISSO non-metal brushes, safe non-toxic, works great, Don't stink, -- simple.

To elaborate: I have no fear of the KG-12 staying in the barrel too long.

Compared to the strong ammonia products and abrasive I used in the past.

Still use General Motors Top Engine Cleaner for CARBON before a "deep" clean for COPPER. (Not that the KG-1 Carbon remover is less effective, just slightly more expensive.)

I am about to experiment with the KG-2 Bore Polish and the KG-6 Moly Amorkote Bore prep on a couple of my Tac rifles.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
wipeout! Cool

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Well you can buy KG 12 in my part of the EU ! hilbily

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIKA98K:
Well you can buy KG 12 in my part of the EU ! hilbily

From midway or? beer

Thanks Bjarne

Posts: 185 | Location: Randers - Denmark | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed your post.I bought it in a shop here in Ireland. It seems to do the job. Or you can try Roblio Solo.It does an amazing job.
just an add on,the distributor in the UK is Open Season Ltd. Email rupert@openseasonltd.com .

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I have had great success with Wipe Out. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How does KG-12 work ?

How does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but looses his soul

Posts: 183 | Location: SF Bay area | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wipe out is the best I have thrown away all my brushes!

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IronWorker378:
How does KG-12 work ?

I would also like to know how it dissolves copper so effectively.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I can't get an answer to how KG-12 works soon .I'll write a letter to congress.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a carbon cutter - butches or browning, then KG-12, the latter applied with a very loose fitting wool mop. I'll apply it, let it sit a few minutes, run the mop back & forth through the bore several times then let it sit again. Then I'll run a tight patch down the bore and mop more KG-12. A tight patch a few minutes later will usually also show some copper which manifests as goldish-brown but not much. When I'm done with the routine I rinse the wool mop in water and dry it.
KG-12 works very well for me in removing copper and I plan to stick with it. Smells strong, strange and scary though.

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People who make KG-12 also make KG-1 which is the best carbon cutter there is,and it removes copper also.

one of us
posted Hide Post
See the thread I just started on KG 12. The stuff works better than anything else I've tried for removing copper fouling.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
+1 on the KG 12. If you doubt it works.. put a capfull of every cooper solvent you have on the bench , weigh a bullet and place in each of the capfulls of solution you have. Leave overnight. Remove all bullets, clean and weigh and draw your own conclusion!