Find
Notify
Tools

Organizing cleaning hardware
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yukoncat
posted
Most likely this is a silly question, but I would be interested in knowing how some organize there various cleaning brushes, jags, etc.
I have numerous calibers for both handgun and rifle, and don't particularly like my current method. I keep them in small see through bags marked with the caliber. Pics would be great as well.
Thanks in advance,

Posts: 67 | Location: TAZLINA, AK | Registered: 20 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep my cleaning brushes, slotted tips, etc in one of those plastic boxes with the dividers. My jags, that came as a set, are in their own box, each one in its own labled hole. Cleaning rods in the plastic tube that it came in hanging on the pegboard wall. Patches are in the bags they came in, hanging on the pegboard. I usualy buy bore brushes in bulk. They are in plastic bags on the pegboard.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a silly question at all. I was cleaning last week and wondered how to better organize and clean up my cleaning supplies and hardware.

Posts: 1743 | Registered: 25 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use an old fishing tackle box, one this trays that fold out. The trays hold the jags, brushes and patches and I keep other misc stuff on the bottom.

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Forgotten the name, I use the metal tins that the 'Curiously strong mints' from Briton.
One caliber per tin.
I bought a box of the mints in the tins, gave them to my wife to spoil her employees with. I wanted the tins and they got the mints.

jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
those table top drawer units. Also keep reloading press parts and other stuff.

Posts: 6401 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
I use plastic boxes for lures/stuff that you can separate in different sizes.

I labeled each compartment above the contents for caliber. Sorry for the glare on the picture

URL=http://s965.photobucket.com/user/singleshot03/media/brushes1_zps54d77361.jpg.html] [/URL]

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Like Brad said, the BEST thing ever for storing all of your gun cleaning materials is a large top opening and front-loading fishing tackle box, like a Plano. I have used one for the last 25 years and it is the only way to go. tu2 Everything is there in one box and in one place. Now, all of my boys have their own. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of just say moe
posted Hide Post
Old prescription bottles - one for each caliber properly labeled. I store them all plus patches and solutions and other garb in a divided tool box.

"Pick out two!" - Moe Howard

Posts: 295 | Location: ARKANSAS - Ouachita mtns. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only thing that works best for organizing to me is my brain.I know where this and that is after the last times I used it.I also have a box that contains shooting accesories that I dont need or rarely need or that I might need but probably not.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I use a large tackle box.Works for me. Lots of drawers for small tools, like allen wrenches, and other small specialized tools you only use now and then.
It works for me.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1963 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
I don't use the aluminum take-down cleaning rods. My one piece rods hang on the wall. I keep the brushes, patches, jags, lube and solvent in a fold out tackle box. None of this is kept at my reloading station. My reloading station has my presses, dies, case prep tools, bullets, primers, and powder magazine within easy reach. I don't like the idea of having materials at my reloading station that can contaminate the reloading materials or process. I have a separate bench in a different location for cleaning and working on my guns.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I use one of the small caliber, plastic Sinclair loading trays that hold 50 cases.

The brushes and jags fit into those hole very nicely.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66999 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
organization is for people too lazy to go searching for their stuff

Posts: 59 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 26 January 2013Reply With Quote