Find
Notify
Tools

Info on Corrosion X
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted
Just heard about it, what can you tell me?

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
The stuff really is fantastic
A couple of years ago my son devised a test where he set variousl steel wool pads outside our homestead on the Alaska peninsula. he sprayed each one with a different oil including LPS 2, WD-40, Corrosion X, Break Free, Rem gun oil, regular motor oil, and every other lubricant and gun cleaning oil and lubricant he could find.
At the end of the season some had turned to powdered rust & others mearly rusted steel. The one sprayed with Corrosion X looked like new.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Phil, where do you buy? I'm sure Cousin Dan will want some

Thanks

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Corrosion X works almost as good as Eezox and BreakFree CLP.

http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
If you have an Academy Sports and Outdoors they carry it.

or on the web--

http://www.midwesthuntersoutle...0&w=PQ%2BJDyOLrQE%3D

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
good stuff. you may be able to buy it direct.

http://www.corrosionx.com/

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to ask this. Besides saving the lives of pads of steel wool, what good is it? Do you really let your guns sit out in the yard and get rusty? I have never encountered any use for a penetrating oil (in a gun) that was not accomplished by Kriol.

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
After my son Tested it on steel wool and it bested everything, including Breakfree and LPS3, I have been using it on my rifles while hunting on the Alaskan peninsula and have yet to have any rust begin. It is not a penetrating oil like Kroil - which is a poor rust preventative and lubricant.

It is the very best thing I have ever found - other than rustoleum paint - to use as a rust preventative.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amamnn:
I have to ask this. Besides saving the lives of pads of steel wool, what good is it? Do you really let your guns sit out in the yard and get rusty? I have never encountered any use for a penetrating oil (in a gun) that was not accomplished by Kriol.

I first began using it on my salt water Marsh hunts, later on any wet weather hunt and for longterm storage.

It is SAFE the Navy sprays it ( or used to) on aircraft being used on carriers-- including the electronics.

There are some newer products-- but this is readily available at my nearby Academy store.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote