Find
Notify
Tools

Wipeout followed by ???????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Friends-

After using Wipeout, do you use another product as a follow-up. For instance, I think I read somewhere, "Precision Shooting" possibly, where someone used Kroil on a patch after patching out the Wipeout.

What do you use and why?

Thanks in advance.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only thing I use after WipeOut or any bore foam is Eezox.

http://www.6mmbr.com/borecleaning.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hoppes #9.Then the Tetra stuff (forget the name)
for protecting the bore.
rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I run a couple of patches of
Gun Scrubber and then a patch of REMOIL.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I follow it up with FP-10 or Breakfree, dry patch it, to remove all traces of foam. I then run a couple patches with Butches through the bore to insure all the carbon is out. I haven`t found any foam or dedicated copper cleaner yet to remove carbon as well as regular cleaners. I then oil and store.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
Terry Paul, the owner of Sharp Shoot R Precision products suggests that you do not need to run anything after using Wipeout unless you will store it for over 6 months. Wipeout contains a rust inhibitor and no need for additional internal barrel chemical treatment. He points out that using oils or other treatments afterwards contributes to carbon build-up when the gun is fired. I have several articles he sent me about Wipeout. If you care to have a copy send me an e-mail and I will forward them to ya'll

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
aktolat-

pm sent.

Thanks,

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found that to get good sighters after the barrel was clean with Wipe Out was best to scrub it out with Butches or SC. I come from the world of two sighters only, and they better count if you want good scores!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wipeout until blue is gone, then Hoppes #9 or similar for remaing powder until clean, a dry patch or two on a jag then finish with a patch of Kroil.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a brush wrapped in a patch with JB's Bore Bright for a few strokes. Then a brush/patch with kroil, dry then lube...............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DJ-

What do you lube with, Kroil or something else?

P. Mark Stark

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like to use Kroil to remove the Bore-Bright with, and then leave a light coat of Corrosion-X in the bore. I think there are several good "metal conditioners" like Corrosion-X, Miltech etc.. They are supposed to actually penetrate the pores of the metal and lube, that seems to make cleaning easier later. Kroil is a great penetrant but to me it doesn't seem to lube as well as the others....................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd think twice about using militec or kroil as a protectant, even WD40 is a better rust preventative!

http://www.thegunzone.com/rust.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M4Finny
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd think twice about using militec or kroil as a protectant, even WD40 is a better rust preventative!

I've never had a problem with Militec. Other than a link from the competitor's commercial web page, do you have any personal experiences that you could share that might help?

Breakfree and EEzox are quality lubes, but also competitors that have a beef with Militec.

I mean, WD40 is awful! Putting anything in that category is pretty bold without data to back it up.

Psalm 109:8 "Let his days be few; And let another take his office."

Posts: 31 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think DJ's on the spot.

I was only using Wipe Out until I saw my barrel through a borescope. Lots of carbon.

You need to use a solvent and bronze brush and/or JB the barrel to remove it. Carbon really affects accuracy.

posted Hide Post
I strip cleaning solvents with brake clean and then apply EEZOX