New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slip 2000 copper cutter?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi, I've just bought a small bottle of said bore claner; does anyone use/know it? It's supposed to be an US product.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
it did not work for me, it was sold to me in a steel can with soldiered seams and got contaminated from the soldier. when you purchase it, be prepared to move it to a plastic can. Ron Tilley

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought the 4 oz. plastic bottle; I plan to use it as a generic bore cleaner, prior to Wipe-out.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wildboar,
I just bought a 4oz. sample bottle of Slip 2000 Carbon Killer yesterday. All I can say is
" OH - MY - GOSH !!! "
I'm still doing some testing today, and will continue for a few days/weeks. But, this stuff seems to be able to clean behind everything I have. And I have a 6"X 36" shelf chock-a-block full of solvents, copper cleaners, foaming cleaners, abrasives and the like. I think this stuff might be the best I have ever tried. A very big plus is that it isn't petroleum or ammonia based. And it doesn't STINK!
To answer your question, yes they are US based.
Slip 2000
You can order online, or call toll-free. I don't know if that will work from Italy, though.
If their other products work as well. I'm gonna load up on this stuff!
FYI, I have absolutely no association with them, other than having tried their product for the first time yesterday.

It's the little things that matter.

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The carbon killer is the same thing as Hoppe's ELite which is sold just about every where and works extremely well.

http://www.6mmbr.com/borecleaning.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wrongtarget,
The link you refer to states " MPro-7 is non-toxic, non-flammable, non-corrosive, and biodegradeable. It comes in liquid or gel, and is also sold as "Hoppes Elite" cleaner."
I haven't been able to find Mpro 7 or Hoppe's Elite yet. Are you saying that Hoppe's Elite, Mpro 7 AND Slip 2000 are the same solution???
If ihat's true, I can quit looking for the other two!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't used any of those except the Hoppes and the GM TEC, the Hoppes works as they say it does, and doesn't contain the other crap in it that TEC does. Slip2000 and MPro7 have dealers in Tx too.

Sportsman's Warehouse has 4 stores in Tx, and Big 5 has a bunch of stores in Tx, both sell the Hoppes. You could Call Hoppes and ask for a dealer near you, they have a toll free number.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/store_locator.cfm?storeStateProv=TX

http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/store_locator.html

http://www.hoppes.com/au_customer_service.html

http://www.slip2000.com/dealer_list.php?state=TX

http://www.mp7.com/documents/MPro7Dealers.pdf

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wrongtarget,
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin dancing
A lot of people just don't understand Texas...
"Sportsman's Warehouse has 4 stores in Tx, and Big 5 has a bunch of stores in Tx"
The nearest Big five is 223 miles, and the nearest SW is nearly that. I might be kinda looney at times, but I ain't gonna drive most of a day just for some bore cleaner! Wink
I was just exploring your statement that "The carbon killer is the same thing as Hoppe's ELite
I don't think this is necessarily true. But, no harm, no foul.
Carbon Killer is the best thing I've found - so far! I'll continue to try new/old products as I come across them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I suggest ordering it online if you really wanta try one of em, I have to order most of my stuff online it's just not available locally, at the price of gas now, it's cheaper to pay shipping!!

The GM TEC is available in just about any automotive supply store, but handling it is a hassle while wearing industrial rubber gloves. bewildered The Hoppes works as well IMO.

The statement is theirs, not mine, the author gives pretty much equal praise to all of them, with the edge to TEC for a carbon solvent.

quote:
Remove the Carbon First, then Attack the Copper
Here is what we recommend for an "average" factory barrel. After 25 rounds, or when accuracy degrades noticeably, spray some [MPro7 or GM Top Engine Cleaner (TEC) down the bore from the muzzle. (Insert bore guide in breech first. Keep your MPro7 or TEC in a small plastic pump bottle for muzzle application). Let that sit a bit, then follow with a patched soaked with the same cleaner. Repeat. Slip2000 Carbon Killer works really well also, when applied with soaking wet patches.Then, apply the same MPro7, TEC, or Slip2000 Carbon Killer generously to a bore brush, and run the brush through the bore 3-4 times, breech to muzzle. Allow some dwell time between strokes. Always use a wet brush. GM TEC cleans a little faster but it has some dangerous solvents, so handle with care. MPro-7 is non-toxic, non-flammable, non-corrosive, and biodegradeable. It comes in liquid or gel, and is also sold as "Hoppes Elite" cleaner.

one of us
posted Hide Post
News flash,
They discontinued the old GM Top Engine Cleaner, in the tall metal can. Though it was a pain to use, I did have use for it sometimes. Anyway, the new stuff comes in a plastic bottle. I haven't tried it yet, but it would surprise me if it were as effective.