Find
Notify
Tools

Preliminary Warthog experience
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SShooterZ
posted
I bought some Warthog 1134 based on another thread that guaranteed it's effectiveness.

I finally got in town last night and tried it on some of my "clean" barrels just to see if it would pick up anything that my previous procedure did not.

I couldn't believe the crude it was scrubbing out of my "clean" bore. Not too much in terms of powder fouling but lots and lots of blue. I had been using Hoppe's Copper Solvent and Shooter's Choice Bore Cleaner and was happy with the results. Guess I was wrong.

I used a nylon brush with a patch wrapped around it and a few drops of Warthog.

Ran it through a few times, let it sit for a few minutes, ran a dry patch through it came out blue. Did this a few more times until all was clean. Seemed like a mirror clean bore by the time I was done.

I did run some Birchwood Casey synthetic oil when I was done and that patch came out yellow which I thought was odd. I ran another one just to be safe and some of the same although not as bright.

All in all, I would recommend Warthog. Although, make sure you have plenty of ventilation because the ammonia smell is STRONG!!

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#
I'll never be able to give back to this forum all that I've learned from it. But I do want to thank those of you that have helped me out over the years.

Posts: 167 | Location: McHenry, IL | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I'll have to second the Warthog experience. I used it up in Alberta on my guide's 338 which I don't think had really every been cleaned before. At least, not like they should be.

The solvent is definitely effective. It still took me a long time to clean the bore, and I did wind up leaving some solvent sit in the bore about 10 minutes or so, but after than, the patches (wrapped around plastic jag for final test) came out very clean. Thank God we had a screened in porch to do the cleaning. nilly

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive tried to get on their website and it wont come up. What gives?

Posts: 161 | Location: hoosierville | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Yep.....site won't load currently??

Roger???

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote