New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can somebody recommend a lint free cloth
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
for gun cleaning? I'm tired of my guns looking like they have a five o'clock shadow.

"DRSS"

Posts: 74 | Location: FL | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Well used T-shirt does well.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been told that cloth diapers are lint free...
Do they even still make them???

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I suspect that the cloth diapers are the commercial diapers. Remember the days when diapers were picked up washed and returned? These diaper were sold off after a number of washings, usually to paper mills for making high grade paper.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could just use a long soft paint brush after you clean with your regular cloth. It works really well on the exterior of my rifles and handguns, leaves them lentless. Wink

Posts: 48 | Location: Mo. | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't confirm their lint free nature but you should be able to still get cloth diapers, We used them as cleaning cloths when the kids were infants. Basically, they were just very soft, small towels.

Also, I have used Scott paper towels to wipe excess linseed oil from gunstocks and found them to be very lint free. Try them, if they don't work go clean the kitchen with them.

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cloth diapers make wonderful shop towels but I would think they're a bit thick for a wipe rag. As posted, a tee shirt that has gone thru many washings is good. I also will buy kitchen dish rags (not the towels) and run them through the washer several times.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Try these - http://www.uttings.co.uk/Produ...er-rifle-clean-4730/ - they are very good. They are a lot thinner than the lint cotton patches. You could even try to wrap a normal soft cotton patch with the Napier patch to get a good tight fir & scrub.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
contact one of the computor chip manufacturers as they use lint, dust free cloths. (fairchild, ibm, etc)

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen.

"DRSS"

Posts: 74 | Location: FL | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote