New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning A Ruger One
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i just got a ruger one. first rifle i ever had that wasn't a bolt action. about to start breaking it in by cleaning after each shot for the first 20 rounds. it suddenly dawned on me that with this type action the cleaning technique might need to be a bit different from what i am used to doing. any words of wisdom out there? i am concerned that i do not have a bore guide and i am concerned about dripping solvent in the cracks between the barrel and the action when the breech is open. is it best to work from the muzzle end? I need a lesson!

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Bore guides can be bought at Sinclair International. Depending on what solvent you’re using it’s probably not the end of the world if you get a little in the breech area. This may be a fine time for you to learn how to take the block out and then reinstall it. Big Grin Wink

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butchbuck don"t call sinclair......call me eric sinclair @ 260-782-0735 i'll make you one up if I don't have it on hand. Thanks

Posts: 67 | Location: Possum Hollow, IN | Registered: 09 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I agree, give Eric a call. He produces some great stuff!

Eric, while we're on the subject, what do your #1 bore guides look like? I might want to order one.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks eric, i'll give u a call this afternoon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason they are a funky looken thing. They have a snout with a "o" ring that holds them in the chamber, then a section .500" x 3/4" then about 3 1/2" skinny portion that gets over the tang and the last 2" is 5/8" and i can make this style for most cartridges up to magnuns. call me and i'll send you one to try.

Posts: 67 | Location: Possum Hollow, IN | Registered: 09 February 2009Reply With Quote