New
Find
Notify
Tools

copper solvents
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have used several different copper solvents, including tetra-gun, butchs bore shine, shooters choice, etc. None of these solvents seem to be getting at the copper. I was thinking about trying JB's bore past from Brownell's, but then heard a couple of guys on the forum using bore tech eliminator with great results. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My hunting partner and I just started Drift Prairie Enterprises, LLC, to manufacture and selling a bore cleaner called Warthog 1134™. I developed the cleaner for personal use. It does a better job than any of the stuff that’s on the market right now, and I’ve tried them all.

I decided to manufacture and market my stuff when my hunting partner, and brother-in-law, lost the use of his wrists and could no longer work at his regular job. We are going to sell it directly to shooters via the internet. You won’t see it in any store. Our web site is under construction and isn’t able to take orders just yet. The home page says closed, but you can scroll down and click on the links to learn all about Warthog. Just don’t try the order page. It won’t work. That’s the hold up.

There is USPO mail address, and an E-mail address on the site. Any one of those will get you an order. Also a phone number. Central time. Hours vary. No big marketing push on this product. I think word of mouth will get us more business that we will be able to handle.

Oh, and we’re giving away a Remington 700 CDL in 30 06 to one of the first 1000 orders we get. There is a picture of the actual rifle on the home page at the web site.

We are going to sell Warthog 1134™ in 2 strengths; regular for every day cleaning, which we are ready to deliver now—or would be if I could get the order page to actually take an order—and Super Strength (Playing with the name Warthog 1134 Bore Swill?), for hard to clean bores like Granddad’s old Deer Rifle that hasn’t seen a good cleaning in 50 years or better. If things go according to plan, the first batch of Super Strength will be available in two to three weeks. Supplies will be limited. We have to get the bottling process on line. If you need the strong stuff, I can mix up a small batch and hand bottle it. That will limit us to around a hundred bottles. Don’t even know the price of the strong stuff yet, but could total up some figures. It won’t be cheap, but you won’t need much to do the job. I use it myself. Around 2 ounces does the job of several ounces of the off-the-shelf stuff, if they work at all. The web site doesn’t address the strong stuff so this is a brief summary.

I’ll be on a trip until late Sunday or Monday. My partner and I are heading north to the Canadian border on a Moose scouting expedition tomorrow (8/17) morning in anticipation of the Moose season in October. Let me know if you’re interested.

Web site address is: warthog1134.com.

RogerK

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I start cleaning a barrel with Shooters Choice and then, when some of the crud is removed go to the Barnes copper removing solvent. It takes a bit of time, but with persistence all the copper comes out.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used them all including Wipeout, Barnes CR-10, Sweets, KG-12, TM Solution, Butch's, etc, etc, etc... I like the Wipeout for an overnight soaking. However, the one that beats them all is Montana Extreme 50 BMG. It's the best copper solvent I've used to date.

What I do is first clean out the powder fouling by using either MPro-7 or a mixture of 75% Shooters Choice and 25% Kroil. I make sure these are patched out before proceeding with the ME 50BMG.

I suggest you go to www.6mmbr.com/borecleaning.html and browse around for some good info on barrel cleaning.

Posts: 407 | Location: Olive Branch, MS | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
WIPEOUT, hands down! The best and easiest I've ever used.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DeltaHunter has provided a good link. There is an article there where they have taken a bullet weighing 104.9 grains & soaked in Wipe Out for 24 hours. They re-weighed it afterwards & it was .8 grains lighter. Pretty interesting & easy enough to duplicate if someone was so inclined.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
molar1,this is the way its done in short.big magnums,wet her with sc then dry patch.repeat 6x.hit her with the jb again and again(you got to be in shape or this won't work and you will never shoot good)repeat at least 5x.finish her off with sweets only on a mop,short stoke her.repeat until patches show no copper.i should charge for this but don't.i love helping people even if they call me names.i am too generous.now for 308 and below leave out the sweets.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote