Find
Notify
Tools

Militec-1 on bolt rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone use Militec on bolt rifles?

How good is it at preventing corrosion on blued rifles?

Thanks!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
miltec is good stuff - i've never used it for surface protection, but a few drops on working parts smooths them out nicely

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I live close to the ocean and I found that I still got some corrosion after using militec. I now use Sheath for long term storage with regular repeat doses and Tetra for my regularly used firearms.Militec is a great lubricant.I use it on the bolts as well as my Gracey trimmer
and my Sinclair trimmer.
rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Even WD40 is better as a protectant than militec according to this tester, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

http://www.thegunzone.com/rust.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I performed some corrosion tests a couple of years ago in a salt spray/humidity chamber. After reading all the hype about the Militec1 is was very surprised at how poorly it performed. The CorrosionX in the red can did well. Even the cheapy RemOil performed better than the Militec1. That Militec grease is some good stuff though.

Posts: 185 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M4Finny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even WD40 is better as a protectant than militec according to this tester, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

The link you provided is rather biased (competitor commercial site). Do you have any personal experiences with Militec failing? I use it an have had no problems. But, I am all ears about other products if what I am using is crapola. Thanks

Psalm 109:8 "Let his days be few; And let another take his office."

Posts: 31 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 November 2009Reply With Quote