New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoppes Elite
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just wondering if anyone has tried it yet. Read a few ads lately, and it sound like some powerful, good stuff. Just looking for a report.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I tried it a while back and although it worked OK on carbon it didn`t touch copper. All oil and grease was removed by it, and it doesn`t have odor which is a plus but it just didn`t work for me as a cleaner. I had the impression it did nothing I couldn`t do with a squirt of "simple green" or other cleaner on the patch.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ol Joe, I have plenty of Simple Green around. I may have already thrown a bottle of the Elite in my Midway Shopping cart, may need to take it out before I purchase the contents of my cart!

To be honest, I really don't know what I need beyond Bore Tech eliminator, it seems to get everything out for me..............

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been using some of their Elite Bore Gel and it seems to do right well. But it comes out as a "Liquid", I don't see any "Gel" to it. The rotating Spout does allow me to get it down the Bore and onto the Brushes easily.

I also spotted a Spray Bottle of the Elite Bore Cleaner on my shelf that I forgot I had. I need to try it out, but I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
I use it before and after I use copper solvent. It realy gets the carbon out and lets the copper remover work better.

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
Tried Snot last night. I don't know now if Eliite works or not. You wouldn't believe the amount of black crud that came out. Confused Confused

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote