New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Outfitters Western Cape
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Please name the best HUNTING OUTFITTERS in the WESTERN CAPE.

Thanks.

Sunshine

www.kapstadt.de/lemberg

[ 11-20-2003, 07:45: Message edited by: Sunshine ]

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DRB
posted Hide Post
Sunshine,

There aren't many. But I went on a hunt in the Western Cape in October. Here is a link to some of the pictures.

http://www.nookhill.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008652

The PH is Stephen Mitchell, you can contact me via the e-mail button above if you want to get his contact information.

Posts: 179 | Location: Durbanville, RSA | Registered: 15 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted this past May in the Western and Northern Cape Provinces. Quite a bit of driving if you want to hunt the several species available, as the distances are great. But it was most enjoyable.

I hunted wiht Deon Cilliers. His webpage is Hunters Safaris. He has concessions all over RSA.

His US booking agent is John LaSala African Hunting Adventures. Deon will be in Harrisburg, PA in February for the Sportsman's Show.

Posts: 380 | Location: America the Beautiful | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If Kimberley is in the western Cape, Rooipoort Safaris is who I pick. They really know how to run a safari, and they are NOT a 'put-and-take' outfit.

George
P.S. Rooipoort is owned by the DeBeers company. 110,000 acres, tented camps, exclusive use of the property during your safari, etc. Cecil Rhodes' shooting lodge, and Bushman's Fountain are located on the premises.

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote