New
Find
Notify
Tools

trip report Die Keiler namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
returned from my 25 day namibian holiday. 2 weeks self drive and 7 days hunting. i hunted the end of june . i was able to hunt 2 of the 5 different areas that the die keiler group has to offer. they have been in business for 21 years and offer great spot and stalk hunting for free range game. my first hunt took place on the westfalenhof property with p.h. fred redecker. the area was northwest of windhoek in rugged mountain terrain. fred hunts leopard here as well as mountain zebra, big kudu, gemsbok, klipspringer,steenbok, dikdik and duiker. i was fortunate enough to take hartmans zebra, gemsbok, steenbok and babboon. this property was huge and very nice to hunt on. accomadation was great as well as the wonderful meals that his wife uta prepared. next, i was off to the property of rainer and reinhild ling. this was south east of windhoek along the fringes of the kalahari. the terrain was totally different, being more flat and open than the previous hunt. animals here included, blue and black wildebeest, gemsbok. blesbok, red hartebeest, springbok, duiker. i harvested blue and black wildebeest, red hartebeest, springbok. they also allow management hunting. these are non exportable animals, such as females, and animals that are not of exportable standards. this was a great way of continuing my hunt after my trophys were taken. they are offered at a fraction of trophy cost. this was again true spot and stalk hunting, and i worked very hard for my animals here. all trophy animals taken were gold medal except for my steenbok. i passed on a huge steenbok 5 minutes into the hunt and never saw one of this size again. thats hunting. although i am very happy to have taken the one thati saw later in the hunt. their management hunts have seen a lot of interest in the last several years. this was something that caught my interest since my trophy room is getting full with 17 different species. it is also a very economical hunt that you can combine with your next african holiday. i would highly recommend the die keiler group for your next hunt. they can be reached at info@african-hunting.com or the die keiler group hunting concept.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Kuduman! !

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, but we need photos!!!

Regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ECHO-----pictures Big Grin

i hunted die keiler twice, my very first trip, but that was in ongangasemba near outjiwaro, which was for plains game.

my second trip was to westfalenhof for leopard and hartmann's zebra, taking one leopard and two zebras. i enjoyed both places and hope to get back to visit the others also.

congratulations on your hunt. where else did you go in namibia?

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
kuduman, alright your first ever post and nervousness. Tell us all and photos please. Welcome to AR.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i toured up to the caprivi to see some animals that i have not seen on a previous trip to rsa. i enjoyed the remoteness of the area. i saw sable roan buff lechwe tseesebe black faced impala ellies and much more. tiger fished on the okavango, visited africat, etosha, waterburg. i will post pics when i learn how to or a friend will help. soory, but i am not much on computers. beautiful country.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Friedrich about ten years ago at Westfalenoff and with Helmut Halenke at Hohenauf and they couldn't come more highly recommended and offer a great value. I took my son who was 15 at the time, best trophies were a 55.5 kudu and a 42 in. gemsbuck.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
In 2001 I was on a hunt with Friedrich's brother Hermann Redeker. We took a day trip to Friedrich's ranch, Westfallenhof, to hunt mountain zebra.

I can't imagine a more beautiful ranch. In addition to the huge numbers of zebra, gemsbok and baboon, Westfallenhof had more huge kudu that I have seen anywhere.

Possibly the best thing about Westfallenhof is that it is unfenced and wild. While I was there we found a natural leopard kill in a tree at the base of a kopie.

Here is the website for the Die Keiler group: Die Keiler

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a passion of mine is to someday hunt leopard. freds ranch at westfalenhof would be an ideal location. some great toms were taken there.

posted Hide Post
I hunted with the die Keiler group in July. First with the von Gossler family and then the Ling family. It was a management hunt with the option to take trophies. The hunting was great. In addition to management oryx,blue wildebeast, warthog, springbok,baboon, and jackel. I shot a 56" kudu, a 38" oryx, and gold medal springbok. I am going back not because the hunting was great, but because the people were great. Just nice people. I felt like i was hunting with family, not some get them in, get them out treadmill type operation. Btw take a shotgun and spend a couple of days shooting birds.