New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tanzania - Masailand
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering how the hunting has been so far in Tanzania,especially in Masailand. This is the one area I am looking to hunt in 2016 so I know it may be different at that time but it has been a couple of months since the season started and just wanting to hear some news.
Thanks

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Paul in 5 years you would not recognize the place.
It is hard to even consider that locale yet in my opinion. Drought, poaching, concession changing hands are a number of variables. People and cattle also.

Yes there is very good hunting there, and I always hope it stays that way.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i believe in long range planning and goals but projecting ANYTHING IN AFRICA 5 years out is an exercise in futility and Tz.is well known for making sudden changes in their hunting regulations- just ask the folks a few years back who were in the field on 21 day full bag safaris and suddenly found out that lion hunting was closed. if the Masai and their cattle keep reproducing and expanding like rabbits, who knows what will happen. good luck with your plans though.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13162 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
African politics is so unpredictable and the lack of interest in true conservation would dictate that you should try and go on Safari while it is still available.....

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul

Hunting is very good in Masailand this year and will be into the forseeable future. Even though being in the business I have to be an optimist all of what the others have told you has merit. Circumstances can change overnight and what was once an excellent hunting opportunity is now a thing of the past. The unique leopard hunts offered in the Kalahari disappeared just last year.

If you want to go on safari I suggest you go before 2016 if you have to beg, borrow or steal the money. Come the convention season we will be booking out to 2014 but beyond that is kind of like playing Russian roulette.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I hear, TZ as a whole is a little slow from a bookings standpoint. Whether this is why there are few reports from there,I can't tell you.

Posts: 11978 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RichP470
posted Hide Post
I had an amazing safari with TAWICO/Brittingham last year in Natron. It was all aces. Not sure if Brittingham still has the area, as I had heard it may be sold. You couldn't go wrong with their operation and the amount and variety of animals, quality of PH's, camps, etc. The only downer was the amount of masai people we encountered. It is my understanding the population has exploded in the last 20 years. Good luck. I am off to W Tanzania in October.

Posts: 72 | Location: Saratoga, CA | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich,
who you going with and where in the West if I may?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RichP470
posted Hide Post
Bwana,

I am off to Lukwati, hunting with Mike Fell of Danny McCallum safaris

Posts: 72 | Location: Saratoga, CA | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichP470:
Bwana,

I am off to Lukwati, hunting with Mike Fell of Danny McCallum safaris

Enjoy the tsetse flies Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Rich. Hunting Lukwati with Fell, Now your talking...Dont forget your "DOOM" for the tsetses.

Posts: 1793 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote